A few tips for making your first and follow-up acupuncture treatments as comfortable and relaxing as possible:
· Be on time for your appointment so you can relax and enjoy! You’re welcome to arrive early to sit and relax in our waiting room.
· Wear loose fitting clothes that can be easily rolled up above your elbows and knees. Also, you may need to expose your abdomen from your rib cage to the top of your hips, so avoid one piece suits or dresses.
· Be sure you have eaten at least a light meal within a few hours prior to arriving. Avoid overeating immediately before treatment. Being over-hungry increases the risk of nausea or dizziness.
· Drink plenty of water and stay hydrated after your appointment
· For best results, avoid strenuous activity immediately following a treatment. Set aside enough time so that you are not rushing to and from your visit. Physical strain immediately before or after acupuncture can weaken your body. Please schedule your activities on the day of your visit accordingly (for example, do not schedule your appointment for an hour before your 2 hour kickboxing class).
· During the intake, you will be asked many questions, some related specifically to your complaint and others seemingly unrelated. Oriental Medicine requires the entire person be taken into consideration so we can determine what is causing the condition or disease. We treat the whole person, not just the symptom.
Payment is due at time of service by cash, personal check, or credit card.
We accept most insurance upon approval. Insurance claims will be billed at our Usual and Customary Rates and differ for those who pay in full at the time services are rendered. Please speak with a Front Desk Staff Member who can help verify your Insurance Benefits.
CANCELLATIONS (MISSED, FORGOTTEN, NO SHOW, LATE ARRIVAL)
For your convenience, we schedule by appointment only. Walk-in appointments are not generally available at our practice; however we attempt to accommodate acute injuries/conditions as quickly as possible. Should you be unable to keep a scheduled appointment, we would like 48 hour notice but we require 24 hours notice for cancellations. Failure to cancel 24 hours prior to your scheduled appointment will result in a Missed Appointment Fee, equal to half the appointment cost, placed on your account. No-show and forgotten appointments are considered cancellations.
Also, if you are more than 15 minutes late to your appointment, your appointment may be shortened or rescheduled to a different day. Missed appointments prevent us from seeing patients with acute conditions.
In appreciation and acknowledgement of Military Members and their families, Jennifer Randolph Acupuncture offers 10% off follow-up acupuncture treatments. These discounts can only be applied to accounts when payment in full is received at the time of service and discounts cannot be combined.
San Pedro Acupuncture Health Center 302 W 5th Street Suite 101 San Pedro, Ca 90731 (310) 832-5818 office (310) 832 7236 fax